Monday, January 11, 2010

A New Twist to the Pork Barbecue, Pinoy Style = Ala Rack's

I hope you like the Pork Barbecue recipe I shared earlier.

Of course you may always substitute the pork with chicken or any meat of your choice if you don't like pork.

Warning on the use of sugar: It will easily burn your barbecue. So, regulate your fire/stove. In my case, I like cooking my barbecue over charcoal fire. And, I only use half of the sugar in the recipe. Occasionally I substitute sugar with honey.

Please feel free to adjust the seasonings according to your taste. That's the beauty of cooking!

When we were staying in Manila some years ago, I used to love the barbecue of Rack's, a very popular restaurant there. I have often wondered how they prepared their babyback ribs barbecue- so tender and delicious!

With the Pork Barbecue recipe, I tried experimenting with it. This is my version of Rack's tender and delicious babyback ribs barbecue!

Pork Barbecue Ala Rack's (My version!)

1.I usually substitute the pork kasim or lomo with special ribs, cut into my desired size.
2. Wash, and pressure cook the ribs with enough water and some salt just until tender when the meat still sticks with the bone without falling off.
3. Drain and cool.
4. Mix the pressure cooked meat with the marinade sauce. Leave overnight.
5. Grill just until it browns the meat. Brush with the marinade.
6. Serve!

Yummy!!!

For more barbecue recipes, click here.

P.S.
Sometimes, I marinate the ribs first before I pressure cook them. I cook the left over marinade as instructed and brush it on the ribs while grilling them.

Try it and decide which way appeals to you the most. Enjoy cooking!

P.S. 2

If you like my blog, please be a fan. Just look for the Followers label, click on the Follow link found under it and register. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment