Monday, April 26, 2010

A RECIPE: BONELESS CRISPY PATA

An online friend from the Online Club I'm in asked me how to debone a pata (pork leg) because she wanted to cook Boneless Crispy Pata for her husband, being his favorite dish.

Since I don't know it myself, I decided to research on how a pork leg or pata is deboned and at the same time took the liberty of looking for the recipe of Boneless Crispy Pata.

I'm posting here in my blog both the recipe of Boneless Crispy Pata and videos I found on how to debone a Pork Leg or pata.

First, let me share with you the recipe.

Boneless Crispy Pata

Serves 4 Prep Time 5 minutes Cooking Time 35 minutes, plus 90 minutes boiling time

1 kilogram pork leg
2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
2 tablespoons rock salt
3 pieces laurel leaves
4 cups vegetable oil for deep-frying

1 Debone and cook the pork leg or pata in boiling water with salt and whole black peppercorn for 1 1/2 hours. Cool.
2 Place pata in a deep pan filled with cooking oil; simmer for 20 minutes on very low heat.
3 Set aside to cool.
4 Place again in cooking oil and simmer for another 10 minutes on very low heat. Then deep-fry for 5 minutes on high heat, or until golden brown and crispy.
5 Slice into thin rounds and serve with soy vinaigrette (see next page) on the side.

Tip: This frying technique–simmer-cool-simmer and deep-fry–is the secret to achieving that extra crispy skin.

Source:http://www.yummy.ph/recipe/Boneless-Crispy-Pata

No comments:

Post a Comment