Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Easy Pasta Recipe: Pasta with Hungarian Sausage & Bell Peppers

My children love Italian Food so much especially pasta. At least once every week they expect me to serve them pasta.

I like pasta dishes, too. It is a one-dish meal and very easy to prepare.

My children are not the typical Filipino kids who love to eat the pasta/ spaghetti with the sweet meat-hotdog tomato sauce. No, that's not the kind of pasta they like. They are actually more into the authentic Italian flavors.

I remember one time when most of my kids where still in grade school and I brought Pasta with Pesto Sauce in school for their lunch. I noticed how amazed some of the other kids (and parents, too) were as they look at the green colored spaghetti we were eating!

My kids love pasta and everything Italian, and so do I.

Once in awhile I experiment with anything and everything I have in my kitchen. I actually love creating dishes out of anything. It's a bonus when my family delights in my creation.

Sometimes when I like a certain dish I have tried in a restaurant, I try to recreate it at home in my own kitchen. I just love it when I am able to do something from anything!

However, it becomes a "problem" sometimes when I don't take notes of what I have done. The moment the kids ask for a repeat of the dish, I am at a lost. I am unable to repeat the taste of what I have done previously. But luckily these days, I have learned to take down notes. I am now able to pass on to others, especially to my two older kids my very own recipes.

I find Italian pasta very easy to prepare. Here's one recipe that I want to share with you.

PASTA WITH HUNGARIAN SAUSAGE, BASIL & BELL PEPPERS

Ingredients:

400 g. spaghetti, cooked as directed
1/4 cup olive oil
hungarian sausage, sliced
1/2 head chopped garlic
2 pcs. sliced red onions
3 pcs. bell pepper strips
5 pcs. tomatoes, seeded and cubed
1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves
1 tsp. fine salt

Procedure:
1. Cook pasta as directed.
2. Saute hungarian sausage until cooked using 1 tbsp olive oil. Darin from oil. Set aside
3. Pour remaining oilive oil with the oil used for the sausage. Cook garlic until light brown in the same oil used for sausage.
4. Add onion. Cook until opaque.
5. Add about a tsp of fine salt.
6. Add sausage, bell peppers. Cook until bell pepper has softened a bit.
7. Add tomatoes and basil. Mix.
8. When ready to serve. Mix cooked pasta with the sauce.
9. Serve with parmesan cheese.

Cooking Tips:
For best taste, do not substitute the olive oil with an ordinary cooking oil. Get the best brand that you can afford.
As much as possible use fresh basil. (I love basil and the flavor and smell it gives!)

No comments:

Post a Comment